The Sound Beat Widget
The Sound Beat Widget allows visitors to your site to listen to the daily Sound Beat Episode. The widget is 220 pixels wide with a variable height. The widget is available in three different formats, WordPress Plugin, PHP Include, and HTML iFrame. A working example can be seen to the right of this paragraph.
The WordPress plugin is available in the WordPress.org plugin repository.
- Download the latest stable release from the link above.
- Expand the plugin’s zip file
- Upload `/SoundBeatWidget` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place the `SoundBeat Widget` in the desired Sidebar in ‘Appearance’ > ‘Widgets’
If you are not using WordPress you still have the ability to display the SoundBeat Widget on your website.
PHP Widget Link: http://soundbeat.org/widget/download/SoundBeatWidget-PHP-1.0.zip
- Download the PHP Widget from the link above.
- Expand the zip file and upload SoundBeatWidget.php to an appropriate location on your webserver.
- Copy and paste the code below to the location where you want the widget to display on your site.<?php include(“/EDIT-PATH/SoundBeatWidget.php”); ?>
- Make sure you replace EDIT-PATH with the actual path to this file.
If you are not using WordPress and are also not using PHP you can still place the SoundBeat Widget on your site using an HTML iFrame tag. Please note: The height of the iFrame widget does not auto adjust.
- Copy and paste the code below to the location where you want the widget to display on your site.<iframe id=”SoundBeatWidget-iframe” width=”220″ height=”420″ frameborder=”0″ src=”http://soundbeat.org/widget/index.php”></iframe>